Kier Infrastructure commissioned Ryebridge to install new concrete pavement around the new South West Devon Energy From Waste plant.
The plant is set to provide the South West Devon Waste Partnership (SWDWP) with heat and steam to the dockyard all year round.
Ryebridge’s work included associated access ramps, drainage and paving.
The main works involved were:
- Construction of new fibremesh concrete pavement with dowelled bays – 6000m2
- Installation of new concrete reinforced HGV access ramps to facilitate the access of waste vehicles into the facility – 20m x 10m x 3m high
- Construction of a new pit and duct system for the utilities to serve the facility which included the construction of full concrete reinforced pits 3mx3m and 3m deep
- New kerbs including standard HB2’s, Granite and Enviro – 2000m
- New drainage system
- Architectural paving including incorporation of tree pits with architectural features – 1400m2
- Resin paving – 300m2